Posts

Sunday, August 18, 2013

When I'd spent it for me for the last.

My rusted duct and somnolent eye
Met a stature which wasn't so fresh
Lost and fragile having dry lips
It had no cover for the feet
It had no cover for its weeps
It holds my arm with scanty grip
Yet so vulnerable to writhe

The innocent face with weary eyes
Wore tons of kindness without any lies
It stared at me with those drowsy eyes
But I still hesitated facing it a while
Still I couldn't recognize the stature
Myriad guesses, yet not so sure
Thought of people who were my friends?
Thought of relatives, love, yet no end!

Couldn't identify those drowsy eyes
I suspected my smart and witty mind
With list of names whirling inside,
Suddenly I felt like I left a name behind
The pieces began falling into places
Like the crosswords gleaming with keys
I got the hold on my own hand,
It kept shivering throughout
I scrolled my sight to the stature’s eyes,
And faced it strong though with fright.

The painful strokes hit me hard,
writhing with pain, ripped apart.
I searched in the time flying by in the past
When I’d spent it for me for the last
No answers, ignored myself
Not enough dauntless to face myself
I hit the ground hard wondering,
What all mirror had taught me forlornly.

No comments:

Post a Comment