Posts

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

dream that left me restless.

     "I want to join your college"I told my friend. My friend, with glittering eyes hugged me.
       It was after myriad months that I had visited my old school. Its stature was same as it was before. It smelled as if I was in the vicinity of my pram enjoying my childhood. The old faces greeted me with same affable treatment and the same old environment I was much acquainted with.
      It was some event in my school that i was supposed to be present for. My nostalgic mind was recalled about the the moments I had spent in my school with the same friends in the same amiable atmosphere. I don't remember what happened then, but to my misfortune, it was the time for college for all my buddies. They had to attend the lectures as their college was strict enough to not let them bunk.
    "I'm free now" I told my friend,"I can attend the lectures with you" 
      My friend was rejoiced. She was my old pal who was dearest to me in school times. But after the school was over, I felt our contact gradually reduced and unlike before, we hesitated a while, approaching each other. But now I felt her joy in her eyes with the thought of me and her on the same bench again. Me with my friends headed towards the classroom. It felt like I came to my old home. The old corridors where we would stand discussing things in break time, the classrooms with the same look and I felt the essence of my old school!  
    I entered the classroom with a alluring smile which came directly from my heart. "Manali!" All the people there said aloud seeing me after long time. I noticed that many of them had changed a bit. Some in overall looks while some in behaviour. But still the warmth of their welcome was enough for me to make me nostalgic,again! 

    I sat on the bench in the classroom. Suddenly, I took a look around again. I was reminded that i was not in my old school as I used to be. I was in the junior college attached to my school where many of my friends went. I saw some new faces staring at me, wondering who was i and why I had been greeted here.
    Next moment a teacher entered the classroom. As she entered, she took a look at me. For sometime, she didn't avert her glance from me and asked, "Who are you?" I was unable to speak and dumbstruck, as I had no particular answer to her question. I came to know with what purpose she asked it. After many months of fyjc, she had seen a new face.  
      "I'm manali, and I'm going to join this college" I said with a blank face. In next moment she said,"you haven't yet joined it as far as I know. So you aren't supposed to be here."     
   I couldn't think. I felt that I was thrown out of my cradle with a hard batter on my face. Something was bitter and felt like it was stinking unfair with me. I left the classroom. As i reached the door, I turned and smiled at my friend.  
    "I'm coming here again next year with a license to acquire hsc certificate from this classrooms" I thought to myself.   

     Suddenly, something struck me hard. I saw that it was my alarm clock trying to wake me up. I cussed it as it felt no guilt pricking me with a needle when I was in middle of my beautiful dream. A blow of reality punched me on my face.   I would never go in my school again. I would never again share the same bench with my old friends. The harsh reality shook me. I felt my mind dizzy with the thoughts. Thoughts of changing my college again. But then I recalled all my reasons I went in the college I'm currently in. No doubt I had changed a lot due to it. I learnt many new things which I think I wouldn't have learnt if I was with my old friends in the same college.           
  You must know that you can never be with the old thoughts always. Changes arrive incarnated as storm and may leave you dejected. But moaning about it forever is illegitimate. One has to get over these changes. No one knows what destiny has in store for us!     
       I got up from my bed and called my best friend. I narrated the incident to her ardently. I felt my heart lighter and gave me another reason to smile! 

2 comments: