Posts

Thursday, May 23, 2013

End of the world?

     Last night, I was waken up by a rueful dream. The dream left me shaken. I couldn't recollect each detail of the dream but the outline of the dream was clear in my mind.        
      I was disturbed throughout the day. Lectures were neglected along with the other routine that went by. I was within myself, lost and dumbfounded. Friends couldn't make out my situation even after great attempts to make me smile. All I had on my face was perplexity with bewildered expressions.
        After sometime, perplexity on my face faded away, with me retaining my normal features back. I elucidated the incident to my friends. 
        "The world has become a fireball emitting tremendous heat in the space. The excess of heat energy of earth is being given out faster than the rate of the sun" I told recalling it in my mind.
   The pictures of the earth bursting from its core were sliding through my retina at a rapid rate.
     "This all began before many years. The trees were cut down, the wild was killed, the innocent were terrified and the atmosphere didn't yield" "There was heat in the air, acid in the rains, cruelty among people and insolence for this world. The world had become selfish, greedy and materialistic. Polar ice was melting at a rapid pace with extinction of polar animals. 
      As time passed by, there was only one animal left, 'pollution'. Man died with the death of humanity. Death took over this cruel man. He ruined the green earth leaving behind ashes of rue and sorrows. The earth had to end someday. The remains of cruelty were omens of this end of the world
     I had tear in my eye by now as I ended my sentence. My friends looked at me in disbelief but trying to soothe me. There was a moment of silence between us. 
       Suddenly, I saw towards the bedroom window. The sky was dark by now. But there was no sign of tree. The concrete jungle was full of buildings and cement structures. The greenery was a hidden thing between the long extended concrete lands. It was the moment when I related the reality with my dream. That was more of a nightmare trying to intimidate me. 
     "The conditions before the end of the world were alike those which are today. Only the difference was the extent of horror in the dream" I thought to myself. 
     The dream woke me up from the deep sleep I was in with hopes of tomorrow which I thought would be brighter. Everyday we hope of our serendipity and good fortune to be kind on us. We expect miracles when we contribute none to this nature. We expect rain even though we know that there are no huge mountains to stop the black clouds. We expect great things without any contribution to the fortune of this nature. 
      There won't be the end of this world if the destruction of nature is stopped at first place. Humanity can be the boon to nature. Let us care of our fellow beings and this nature more than we care for ourselves. No doubt, the world can be a better place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment